Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: The worst thing

  1. #1
    Inactive Member furikkia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2004
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know if any of you has already seen this, it's a documentary from BBC tv, it's never been shown in Italy for obvious reasons and I don't know about USA...It's about pedophile priests around the word and the way Vatican continues to protect them. I'm so full of anger and so disgusted...

    BBC


    Cristina

  2. #2
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Makes you want to take a gun and.......

    [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member furikkia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2004
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ciao Cherie, I have to say

    I'm ashamed to be part of a country where Vatican rules politics and where justice can't be done by the law for these "people" [img]mad.gif[/img]

    Cristina

  4. #4
    Inactive Member IrishMick's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're right about the gun Cherie, with a well-placed bullet.

    Reminds me of "The Boys of St Vincent" - powerful movie. "In the 1970's, an ugly scandal was enveloping an orphanage in Canada; priests in charge of the orphanage were sexually and physically abusing their young charges. When several of the boys go to the police, their complaints are buried - as the chief of police, government officials, and senior clergy of the Catholic church quietly conspire to shut down the investigation and transfer the offending priests to other parishes. Unfortunately the pattern begins anew, as the abusive priests re-start their vile acts. Many years later, victims start coming forward as adults, and an inquiry is commissioned into the cover-up of the abuse. One offending ex-priest, Bro. Peter Lavin - now married with 2 young sons - soon finds himself on trial for his crimes of so many years ago...and a major scandal will finally become public knowledge".

    ~cass

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2006
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To further enrage us concerning atrocities done to children world wide, look at the video on today's CNN.com site concerning the stoning of a teenage Kurdish Muslim girl who fell in love with a Sunni Muslim boy!! Not for the squeemish! How do we expect to bring enlightenment to this part of the world? Love your kids and hold them tight!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member raintown boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2005
    Posts
    206
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've just watched that horrific video on CNN and I find it hard to think what to write. I feel ill. How can people do such a thing? How can people stand about watching and doing nothing except to capture it on their mobile phones? When I was in school in the 1960s and'70s I was taught about the women's Suffragette movement in the UK, and all about women's rights. So-called 'honour killings' have taken place in the UK and even when convicted the killers have shown no remorse. There was no honour in what I have just watched. Nothing but abject cowardice.

  7. #7
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I went to CNN.com and couldn't find the video. I'm probably too late... maybe it's for the best. These things really hurt me.
    xx

  8. #8
    Inactive Member raintown boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2005
    Posts
    206
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I told my partner about the video, but suggested she not watch it as she too gets deeply upset by stuff like that. But then, what normal person doesn't. What struck me as particularly chilling about the video was how 'normal' the people throwing the stones looked. Apart from their actions, of course. Imagine, to even talk of forming a band like the Runaways in a society as intolerant as that would be to put your life in danger. So many of my favourite artists are female, yet I feel that even in our society we can never let ourselves become complacent. Particularly when there are individuals and institutions out there who will gladly exploit the vulnerable for their own selfish ends. And far too many of them getting away with it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Wingnut!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2005
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The video is still there Cherie, but you dont want to see it! They have arrested the girls relatives.

    They call it an honor k******, I dont see the honor in it!

    I'm sorry ,but people that do those brutal acts to innocent people dont deserve to walk the earth.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member The Canadian Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    The Boys of St Vincent Cass that movie was very
    tough to watch I know it was a Canadian produced
    show , American networks would not touch it
    until A&E decided to show this,it is a
    disturbing piece of film. And it still goes on
    Wingy being a hockey fan probably heard of
    the Toronto Maple Leaf scandal some of Harold
    Ballards (owner at the time) elderly employees
    molesting the young kids hired to sell pop and
    chips this was back in the 70s I believe just
    horendous.

    CW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic